random image
ForumNewsletterModDBSteam Community
Forum
The STARGATE Mod for Half-Life 2 Community Board
24. October 2017 11:35:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Stargate Mod for Half-Life 2 Community Board!
News: Willkommen im Stargate Mod für Half-Life 2 Community Board!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: January 5th, 2015: The State of the Release  (Read 47273 times)
amogan
Everything Coding
Administrator
Has ascended

i'll eat my candy with the pork and beans

View Profile
« on: 05. January 2015 01:02:43 »

Update 2015-01-06:

Valve got back to us saying they won't implement the fix because they've dropped support for Source SDK Base 2007. That means we're porting to "2013" - and we've already started.

Continue reading for the original news post...

Now then, here's the latest:

As you all know, the release of our game is imminent - or it should be. Our goal was to have you lot already playing by now. A lot more work is going into this release these days than we had anticipated. We are working hard and we're not quite done yet.

In late December we were blessed by a new addition to the team - a skilled animation artists who was able to bring our new weapons in-game. This is not the main reason for the delay but most of the old weapons had to be replaced before the release because of the lack of quality and some being of unknown origin or Valve-content which we are not allowed to publish. Similar things happened with our (new) Tau'ri player model.

These things tend to bleed into other areas of the game: code needs to change, dependencies need to be tracked, everything needs to be tested. This in turn distracts from other important things that need to be done and the whole thing gets delayed. A map gets recompiled with a small error by mistake, the source of the error needs to be tracked down and the whole thing starts over.

Before we continue the story we'd like to offer you a small glimpse into what awaits you once you get your hands on the game. On the About page we've added two new links: One leads to our work-in-progress Game Manual and the other to a list of Known Issues and Planned Features. A small consolation prize for not being able to play yet perhaps and you can start asking questions if anything is unclear and we can improve those pages.

Moving on... all the new content that was added over the last weeks sadly has made issue number one on our known issues list even worse and more crazy stuff started happening. We're trying to contact Valve about it but perhaps we need to port to a newer version of the Source Engine which would cost more time. We're exploring multiple options at the moment but we're not very happy with the current situation to put it politely. And please remember we're also just doing this in our spare time Cheesy.

Anyways, that's just some of what's currently going on behind the scenes and we're very sorry you can't play The STARGATE Mod yet.

We hope you understand.
« Last Edit: 06. January 2015 20:41:13 by amogan » Logged

Read the F.A.Q. - Use the Forum-Search feature - Contact Information - Available Job Positions: [en] [de]

Source Jesus to the rescue!!

Skillmaster: yes, I wanted to prove it just yet clear run times, because "Know Thyself" knows not everyone, so I wanted to be literally translated.
Hunne_128: i can englisch very god
Jaqarll
Discovered the gate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06. January 2015 08:02:18 »

This mod is worth the wait, thanks for all your hard work, and I really really can't wait to play it again, with you folks. Smiley
amogan
Everything Coding
Administrator
Has ascended

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06. January 2015 20:50:54 »

Meanwhile there has been an update: Valve has replied. I've updated the news post accordingly. Sad

Edit: To put things into perspective, it took me two minutes to implement the fix and patch the hl2.exe of Source SDK Base 2007 and we've tested it and everything runs just fine.

For obvious reasons we cannot release the hl2.exe with the Mod. And since Valve know that replying to an e-mail with what amounts to "no" can be done even faster than two minutes and time is money... sad faces all around. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Cry Sad
« Last Edit: 08. January 2015 18:47:12 by amogan » Logged

Read the F.A.Q. - Use the Forum-Search feature - Contact Information - Available Job Positions: [en] [de]

Skillmaster: yes, I wanted to prove it just yet clear run times, because "Know Thyself" knows not everyone, so I wanted to be literally translated.
DeGRaTReX
Discovered the gate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11. January 2015 23:05:38 »

i have created two videos for you guys, demonstrating the game modes Capture Alien Technology and Assault. The first one is kind of sloppy, but shows a good portion of all the maps, while the second one is the "official" tutorial video for the assault gamemode (better audio, more focused on "explaining")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgi73Q39gXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbNWu3gxQsQ

Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr.
d10sfan
Discovered the gate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12. January 2015 07:28:14 »

Since you're porting to SDK 2013, will we be seeing a Linux version of the mod?
amogan
Everything Coding
Administrator
Has ascended

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12. January 2015 15:13:10 »

Not for the first release. But we'll look into it after that.

Dedalus@Coe
Has ascended

Professioneller Beta-Tester^^

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13. January 2015 18:21:45 »

i have created two videos for you guys, demonstrating the game modes Capture Alien Technology and Assault. The first one is kind of sloppy, but shows a good portion of all the maps, while the second one is the "official" tutorial video for the assault gamemode (better audio, more focused on "explaining")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgi73Q39gXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbNWu3gxQsQ

You should put that on the frontpage

DO THE BANANA DANCE!\m/
\m/
 NICHT KLICKEN!!! V.2
dumplump
Discovered the gate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10. October 2016 02:05:04 »

Let's be honest about this entire project. The project has been in the making for almost a decade or possibly more. Now they are stating they are going to port it over to another SDK, which will take significant time. This thing is never going to be released. If it ever is released, we will all be collecting Social Security.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: